Smare poem reveals how the elite quickly sell out
A poem, titled Papua New Guinea… My Land, reveals a young man passionate about his country and lamenting its decline at the hands of greedy foreign corporations.
The poem was written by prominent lawyer and corporate acolyte, Anthony Smare, more than 20 years ago.
But what became of this passionate, caring future leader?
Well, like so many others, Anthony Smare was quickly embraced by the beast that has destroyed PNG and he became just another willing co-conspirator, living a life of privilege funded by the suffering of others.
Just look at how he has sucked up to the corporations and become fat feeding on their profits which have been built on the slums, hovels, denuded forests, and decay he lamented in his poem:
- Director at Nambawan Super Limited
- Director at City Pharmacy Limited
- Director at FM 100
- Director at Barrick Gold PNG
- General Manager, Corporate & Legal, at Barrick Gold
- Director at Kairar Properties
- Director at Telikom PNG Limited
- Director at Bemobile Ltd.
- Director at Papua New Guinea Mineral Resources Authority
Smare, you may not have created the problems, but you have embraced them, very willingly profited from them and ensured the destruction of your land has not only continued but has gotten a whole lot worse.