Home > Corruption, Human rights, Papua New Guinea > Riches blows the lid on Rabaul Queen disaster and Peter Sharp

Riches blows the lid on Rabaul Queen disaster and Peter Sharp

February 8, 2012 Leave a comment Go to comments

Belinda Kora, NAU FM

Some disturbing but useful insights into recent actions that have been taken so far by the Management of the National Maritime and Safety Authority were revealed on a social networking site of Facebook by Former boss of PNG Ports, Mr Brian Riches.

Mr Riches said that Rabaul Shipping/Star Ships has never been compliant with the will of NMSA and has resorted to vexatious litigation over the years to keep NMSA at bay, and has actually recently taken out court proceedings to challenge the Ports Management & Safety Regulations in what appears an apparent move to avoid having to adhere to the conditions.

In his opinion, Mr Riches says the owners and Directors of the Rabaul Queen must be charged with manslaughter.

He says we have heard in the overseas News with another maritime disaster, “fish rot from the Head down” the process of ignoring request for manifests was obviously sanctioned by management.

Mr Riches adds that they even obtained a court order to stop PNG Ports from charging any passenger fees at any of the Ports they called at, adding that safety is a culture nurtured by Company executives and its Board, ignorance of safety and laws and regulations are no excuse.

Advertisements
  1. Karsie
    February 8, 2012 at 11:24 pm

    So was that why they wanted Mr. Riches out as the boss?

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: